So I changed some things. The biggest is that I decided to make two different boards. One for those with LCD's and one for those without. I ordered 6 PCB's for the design without an LCD and am still working to finish the design for the other (with LCD). I decided to use oshpark.com for these boards. For those of you who have't heard of them, it is basically an online panel sharing that has grown really large over the past few years. I have been using them here and there for prototypes ever since it first started. It takes a little longer than when I have them made locally, but the quality for the price is really incredible! The only catch is the color.
The + sign and text are not silk screen anymore, they are part of the board.
I added a point for power in next to the USB that bypasses the polyfuse on the board. If you can't think of why that would be useful then don't worry about it. : )
Using an FTDI board to program and read serial out during testing.
There are a few other things I am working on with the charger that should make it even better, but I am holding off on posting about them until I have done more work and testing.